Stressed from UX-related maladies? During this “calmference,” our Experience Design team shared advice for the UX and design complaints that ail you.
Getting to the Heart of Your UX Issues
Julie offers a look at ways you can problem-solve when your organization lacks a UX team or when the team is too small for the work—or worse yet, when few value UX where you are.
- Getting to the Heart of Your UX Issues Slides
- Putting the “User” in UX conference talk
- So You Want to Add User Experience to Your Project Article
Bridging the Gap Between Design and Development
The next ailment we tackled was working together as design and development teams to get a project built. This session included three lightning talks.
Staying in Sync
Jeremy discusses how you can identify and solve issues that happen between design and development.
- Staying in Sync Slides
- The Hammer and The Chisel Article
- The Hammer and Chisel Evolves Article
- The Case for Including a Designer from Project Start to Finish Article
Philip dives into specifics on how design and development teams can have successful collaboration.
The Ladder of System Thinking
Andrew gives an introduction to using systems thinking that will help you make highly effective deliverables that your stakeholders will appreciate.
Improving Usability (and Inclusivity) Right Now
In our last segment, we dove into the issues surrounding usability and accessibility on your legacy website or app. Just because you’ve developed some bad habits doesn’t mean there’s not still time to change! This session included two lightning talks.
How to Begin Remediating Your Website’s Inaccessibility
Heather discusses how you can diagnose accessibility issues on your legacy site, and she gives you helpful starting points for embracing inclusive solutions.
- How to Begin Remediating Your Website’s Inaccessibility Slides
- Understanding Accessibility: WCAG’s 13 Guidelines Conference Talk
- Automated Accessibility Testing Tools Reviews
- 5 Ways to Advocate for Accessibility Conference Talk
- Advocate for Web Accessibility with an Elevator Pitch Article
Auditing What Issues You Have (or Don’t Have)
Merani helps you see where your site is confusing users, and you’ll walk away with a guide for seeing through their eyes and making usable navigation, forms & flows, and content.
- Auditing What Issues You Have (or Don’t Have) Slides
- Recruiting for User Research: A Toolkit for Finding Insightful Participants
- Designing Mobile Navigation: Best Practices for Large, Content-Rich Websites
Finally, we wrapped things up with a call-in show, where we listened to challenges and gave our best advice on overcoming them.